*This information is outdated now, please refer to the EventBrite page*
Some of you might know that recently myself and Andy Esser/@LeadHyperion of Zero Dependency, decided to arrange a meetup for a few indie developers on Saturday the 29th of September due to everyone being in town for the Eurogamer Expo. Andy put a list together on the zero dependency site here and people began to slowly trickle in. Then Eurogamer themselves retweeted the event and things really took off, we’ve had some interest from several Game Design lecturers from different courses along with some voucher gift cards from Insert Coin Clothing. Seeing as things had already expanded anyway, and we’re starting to look at 30-40 people+ we’ve decided to just go all out and contact a few people to see if we can hire out a section of pub for the evening.
The more people that can make it the better, I was thinking of a sort of Open Mic and people can contact myself and Andy and discuss if they’re interested in giving a presentation of their new games or, well anything really.
The event is pretty informal and anyone within the indie or non indie games industry is welcome to come along, I haven’t yet started looking at pubs to host so if perhaps anyone has any suggestions please run then by me as I’d love to hear what you all have to say.
I’ll update this post with more news as we get it, so far we’re emailing out all to all sorts of awesome people so we should have some more updates on a list sometime soon.
I’ve been out today and looked at a few pubs in London and come up with this pub here, we get the whole downstairs if we have around 80 people, I’m imagining we will have around 30 people, honestly the downstairs is large so the more the merrier really.
Anyone else interested let me or Andy Esser know and come along.
This pub isn’t final I’m going to place pubs in here as I find & like them, Soho seems quite far from the Expo itself (its roughly 15 minutes by tube) but its surrounded by a bunch of tube stations covering several tube lines and then there’s also Charing Cross so this is good for the out of town people. I’ll be visiting the O’neils close to the Expo soon too.
The list thus far, there are quite a few more that haven’t updated the list but will be making it anyway.
- Andy Esser, Zero Dependency (@LeadHyperion)
- Dan Tsukasa, Team Ekko (@Dan_Tsukasa)
- Andrew Roper (@arndreth)
- Adam ‘DjArcas’ Sawkins, ProjectorGames (@Fortress_Craft)
- Robert Stiff, ProjectorGames (@UatecUK)
- Travis Woodward, Rabid Lion Games (@RabidLionGames)
- Huda Mahdi, (@Kweiko)
- Dan Pearce (@GameDesignDan)
- Mike Bithell, Thomas Was Alone (@mikeBithell)
- Morrison Cole, Third Nerve (@morrisoncole)
- Elaine Dore (@aeonsummoner)
- Victoria Husted, Confetti Studios (@Victoria_Husted)
- Gin Rai, Confetti Studios
- Chris Walton, Confetti Studios (@NiN0_uk)
- Chris Jackson, Confetti Studios
- Kyle Cherry, Confetti Studios (@Dysc)
- Alex Tutty, Sheridans (@AGtutty)
- And others!